2016 Hauraki Gulf Marine Park Seminar: Do The Right Thing featuring MRT Deputy Chair Rick Braddock
The Hauraki Gulf Forum's seventh annual seminar is back on 13 September 2016. Navigate our Gulf with inspiring thinkers, doers, innovators and kaitiaki.
Do the right thing
The 2016 Hauraki Gulf Marine Park Seminar asks what it takes to Do The Right Thing. Can our primary industries reinvent themselves and their relationship with ecosystems? What is people-power unleashing around our islands, reefs and harbours? How can 600 years of indigenous knowledge and culture inform the way? Are fly fishing for kahawai and siling with whales signs of the times? And where might the government fit in all of this?
- Te Ahukaramu Charles Royal on belonging
- Motutapu Island farmer Rick Braddock's big vision
- Raewyn Peart's story of ecological change
- MfE CEO Vicky Robertson on facing issues
- Barry Torkington's fisheries challenge
- Andrew Schollum on cleaning harbours
- Chris Gillies on restoring Australia's reefs
- Karl Warr reinvents his fishing operation
- TA Sayers seeks redemption from Rena
- Matt von Sturmer celebrates the kahawai
- Jochen Zaeschmar sails with whales
$30 + BOOKING FEE (CATERED LUNCH AND TEAS PROVIDED)
Bookings recommended. Door sales subject to availability. Book at ticket desks, +64 9 306 7048 or secure your spot online. Early booking is recommended as this seminar sells out. Catered lunch provided.